Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Angkor Wat

Well, here are a few more pics of the temples. I mostly took them because I thought I was supposed to, haha, or that I would regret it later. Here they are: Above, a Buddha in the mist and halways of a fairly deserted temple (for Angkor Wat). Below, one of the marshy near-canals that seem to be near many of the main entrances. Later they fill up with more water, apparently.
Here, on the top, is the so-called Lady Temple, but I think that is a misnomer by the locals (sop I heard). Will have to check on the facts for that one. Regardless, it is beautiful and has much better carvings than the other temples. On the bottom, of course, the main temple at Angkor. So there you have it, I lined up and took my photos with the thousands of others there.


Ok, then, here we have a redified area at the main coplex which was cool. I took it right behind a Naga (snake head depiction) which I think makes it looks cool, but I am sure a true photographer would slaughter me for my composition. To finish off, a sunset that actually hurts your eyes if you look into the photo for a few minutes. More to come.

No comments: