Saturday, December 02, 2006

My Nation State

The time has come to put an end to my experimentation with www.nationstates.net . It is just taking to much dedication for me to go to the site and update my government all the time. Still, it was fun, and I have to thank Mr. Winters for showing the site on his blog. My region started out cool, but has become lame, and in the end I am not so into role-playing games where there are no real repercussions for anything you do. I mean, in the end, you can just make up any crap you want and it goes. Guess that's why I never did D&D and all that.
Anyway, below, my country, in all its greatness. May its legacy live on in the hearts and minds of all peoples the world round. I do dig that my nation is listed as an "enforcer".

The Nomadic Peoples of Sko al"Come be nomadic with us...."
UN Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
Civil Rights:Very Good Economy:Strong Political Freedoms:Below Average
Location: Scion
Regional Influence: Enforcer

The Nomadic Peoples of Sko al is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 599 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 91%. A tiny private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
It is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government, and guns are banned. Crime is totally unknown. Sko al's national animal is the ch priit, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the sko a.
Sko al is ranked 2nd in the region and 5,907th in the world for Most Cultured.

2 comments:

hoops said...

i was a bit freaked out when i saw that the income tax rate was 87%, but laughed my ass off when i read that "A tiny private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry". . . hahahaha all the streets being privately owned toll roads bothers me, but not as much as the ch priit being both the national animal AND favorite main course. . . hahahahaha i really want to visit Scion and roam with the nomadic people of Sko al!!

TIJAX said...

Well, the thing is, about the tax rate...you just enact laws, and then they assume that is a tax hike. Sometimes they actually put the issue to you where it is obvious that it will take a tac hike, but others just do it, even though it is not apparent in the question that the legislation will require a tax hike. So, eventually, I ended up with an insane tax rate.Before it was at 40 something, which I was ok with, since my peeps got good servies, and I was constantly on the high lists of healthcare and whatnot. I actually did pass loads of libertarian bills...partly because I think you should be able to hunt the chi priit and eat it if you want )it is not endangere) and partly to reduce taxes, which is where the private road thing comes in. If you charge for that stuff, it boosts the economy and minimizes the state sector, which I needed some of.
Anyway, was fun..you should get on and take a look at Winters` state..pretty funny.
Ok, off to eat some Japanese food. Will be back in Korea tomorrow, hopefully sooner than later, although Japan is always an enjoyable interlude.